Top 10 Realizations that have resulted from deciding to participate in Holidailies on December 1st at 11pm…
- I have not written a personal blog post in years…seriously, years. I think the last time I wrote a personal blog post may have actually been the last time I did Holidailies. So, December 2012? Where has the time gone?
- When you manage an online community for a living, managing your own blog(s) seems like something you should probably pay attention to, but in reality it’s the last thing you want to do when you get home from work.
- Not having updated this blog in years means a theme that’s out of date, a version of WordPress that was out of date (fixed that), and a list of links that’s way out of date. Â (AKA — Please excuse the state of this site. I’ll try to fix it as I go.)
- Facebook has replaced a lot of the online writing I used to do. Whether that means posting short thoughts, long missives, or just commenting on other people’s posts, it’s not really the same as flexing those writing muscles like I have in the past. So, Holidailies here I come again!
- I love the direction my online life has taken and social media has provided some additional fun outlets for my creativity, like Instagram. Toying with adding a feed to this blog. But that requires me to find a plugin and since I just decided to participate in Holidailies, it too will have to wait.
- I have two other sites that have also been neglected. Probably should update those too (no one ever said I wasn’t all about biting off more than I could chew, so nom nom nom nom nom)
- It’s hard to write a top 10 list at 11:30pm after you’ve had a couple of adult beverages (and are not a big drinker)
- This may have been a rash decision
- This was definitely a rash decision
- But, I know I won’t regret participating. Never do.
Happy Holidailies 2015!